Biodiversity Map Database — BioMap DB
The database covers a number of data categories connected by relations, e.g. taxonomy, occurrence, bibliography, pictures. These resources are accessed by two application supplementing each other:
- BioMap DB Browser
- data views (perspectives): taxa, publications, units, authors, records
- system of filters and search tools
- static maps with various generalization schemes
- Interactive map
- dynamic maps for species
- map-click queries to the database
- wide range of generalization schemes
Biodiversity Map is planned to serve also KSIB datasets, facilitating data acquisition, providing mechanisms of data publishing to the global system of biodiversity information GBIF as well as data quality control.
Previous KSIB tools
- Archival KFP Browser: the access tool to the digitized Catalogus Faunae Poloniae (KFP), vol. XXI - True Bugs and vol. XXIII - Beetles. Please note that BioMap DB has incorporated and updated all this content.
- Locality search - search the database of 115 thousand objects with attributes (administration, regionalization, coordinates, UTM and ATPOL grids) - within boundaries of Poland
- Square coordinates - coordinates of controids of UTM and ATPOL grids - within boundaries of Poland